Want To Join Us?
We are always on the lookout for talented staff. Please send your details and your resume to email@example.com.
Lacima is a multi-award winning trading and risk management software provider to the energy and commodities markets with offices in Sydney, London and Boulder and a strong international client base. Recognized as a global leader in energy and commodity pricing and analytics, we employ a talented and highly educated international team of people. Lacima’s client base spans the globe with clients in over twenty countries, including Australia, the UK and the US.
Technical Documentation Specialist
With the recent addition of new products and planned growth, we are seeking an experienced technical documenter to join our team in a newly created role in our Sydney office. As we transition toward empowering our customer base with greater tools and information, this role will be responsible for the production of high-quality documentation which will play a pivotal role in the overall success of our products.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create, maintain, manage and publish a library of end user documentation, end user training material, FAQs and glossaries, instruction videos, software release notes, technical documentation, product update bulletins, install/upgrade guides and online help
- Develop multiple professional presentation output formats consistent with the corporate style guide, using technical documentation software such as Madcap Flare
- Migrate existing MS Word technical and specification documentation
- Identify documentation gaps and develop suitable content
- Analyse existing documentation and determine the need for the maintenance of documents
- Liaise with relevant internal team members including development staff, release manager, project managers and quantitative finance specialists and other subject matter experts
We are looking for an expert in the production of documentation for highly technical subject matter. A practical approach to documentation is required – along with mastery of both content creation and presentation. You will be self-motivated, enjoy the challenge of learning quickly and will not be concerned by a certain degree of ambiguity. An interest in financial markets would be an advantage. You will have a professional approach to the job and your colleagues. Your experience includes team-based development as well as individual projects. You will have a solid technical background, be able to work independently and have a keen interest to learn.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written skills in English
- 5+ years’ experience in technical software documentation
- Proven experience working with and configuring technical content authoring tools and experience with technical documentation software, such as Madcap Flare, a strong advantage
- Expertise in creation of printed, electronic (PDF) and web-based content
- Proven experience working with highly technical SMEs to produce documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Appropriate university degree. Qualifications in a technical discipline (especially Maths, Quantitative Finance or Computer Science) an advantage
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence, highly regarded
Remuneration package is competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your concise curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. A test of your technical skills will be part of the selection procedure.
We are only accepting direct applications for this role. We are unable to accept applications submitted via headhunters / recruiters.
Due to time constraints, we will only contact applicants who have been selected to progress to later stages in the selection process.