Want To Join Us?
We are always on the lookout for talented staff. Please send your details and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lacima is a multi-award winning trading and risk management software provider to the energy and commodities markets with offices in Sydney, London and Boulder and a strong international client base. Lacima has been named as a top 100 global risk tech company and has been recognised as the best in the world in energy and commodity pricing and analytics, market risk: power, market risk: gas, modelling and customer support services. Using our large library of numerical components, Lacima builds trading and risk management tools for clients in the energy, commodities, and financial markets.
We employ a talented and highly educated international team of people. Lacima’s client base spans the globe with clients in over twenty countries, including Australia, the UK and the US. We are looking for two experienced Quantitative Analysts to join our team on a full time basis as soon as possible, one in our Sydney CBD office and one in our Boulder Colorado office.
Quantitative Analyst: 2 positions available
You will be responsible for the application of statistical, analytical, programming and finance knowledge to assist in the development of Lacima’s software as well as assisting in Lacima’s consulting assignments. You will achieve this by leveraging Lacima’s existing models and technology to deliver leading edge, client-driven solutions. These cover areas such as risk management, pricing models and simulations. The primary duties and responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attain and display a high level of product intimacy for Lacima’s current software
- Apply mathematical modelling and analysis using Lacima’s existing models and technologies to deliver leading edge analysis libraries and applications for use in the financial, commodity and energy industries
- Perform validation and testing tasks of the software
- Prepare documentation, specify software functionality and develop training materials
- Manage and respond to client help desk queries within Lacima policy timeframes
- Provide clients with expertise in the areas of analytic modeling for risk management, asset valuation, resource planning, and renewable integration
- Serve as a technical resource for scoping, building, deploying, and launch activities
- Provide clients with on-site and web-based software training
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of client specific demonstrations of Lacima’s software
- Participate in consulting projects from proposal to completion
- Definine problems, evaluate data, prepare solution specification documents and prepare reports
- Develop computational methods for consulting projects in areas such as time series analysis of market data, pricing models, risk modelling, and numerical modelling
- Assist with project administration
- Participate in the development of training materials
To be successful in this role you must have a practical approach to quantitative analysis with a solid quantitative analyst background. You must have a solid understanding of university level mathematics, with a keen interest in financial markets. You will be self-motivated, be able to learn quickly and have the ability to adapt to new challenges and situations. You will have a professional approach to the job and your colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A client focused attitude, combined with excellent communication abilities
- A Masters degree with a quantitative emphasis
- At least 2 years quantitative analysis experience in a commercial environment
- Experience with quantitative methods and finance
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work in a pro-active fashion to resolve issues
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of an international, multi-location team
- Experienced with Excel and VBA
- Knowledge of SQL and C# would be an advantage
- Ability to adapt to new software rapidly.
Remuneration package is competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your concise curriculum vitae and a brief covering letter outlining your salary expectations to email@example.com. A test of your technical skills will be part of the selection procedure.
We are only accepting direct applications for this role. We are unable to accept applications submitted via headhunters / recruiters.
Due to time constraints, we will only contact applicants who have been selected to progress to later stages in the selection process.